- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt 8 eggs, separated
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- melted 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- fresh fruit
- maple syrup
- confectioner's sugar for sprinkling
- In a small bowl, mix flour and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- In another large bowl, beat egg yolks with an electric mixer on high speed until thickened and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Stir in melted butter and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to yolk mixture, beating well after each addition. Fold egg whites into yolk mixture.
- 4. Drop a small piece of butter in each compartment on waffle iron. Pour mixture evenly throughout iron and bake until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown.
- Finish by topping with fresh fruit, maple syrup and a light sprinkle of confectioner's sugar.